By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
One of my kids favorite things to make are wraps. Something about the process of rolling them up, was very entertaining to them when they were little. Add in the fact, that I let them make the sauce too and use the small food processor was so exciting and grown up for them.
Kids, in general, love helping out around the house when they are little. So, we always tried to turn these instances, into educational experiences at the same time. Granted, they didn’t always understand, but that just led to them asking questions, which we have encouraged them to do.
- Large Four Tortillas
- Roasted Chicken Breasts, Sliced Thin
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Muenster Cheese, Sliced Thin
- 1 Cup Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shaved
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- To a small mixing bowl add your buttermilk ranch dressing, whole grain mustard, parmesan cheese, red onion, garlic, cracked black pepper and salt. Mix together well. Cooking Tip: Let your kids mince the onion and garlic in a small food processor.
- Lay out a flour tortilla and using a soup spoon place a large dollop of sauce onto the middle of your tortilla. Using the back of the spoon, spread it out evenly across the tortilla.
- Next, add a layer of baby spinach. Then add a layer of sliced chicken and two slices of muenster cheese.
- Finally, roll up your tortilla by starting with the edge closest to your body and roll away from you. Be sure to press down gently as you roll.
- Enjoy these wraps with your family and friends and be sure to give your kids the credit they deserve for making them!