By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
They say, that God is in the details. This could not be more true, than in the planning of a meal. It doesn’t mean that you have to go to any extra trouble or spend more money than your budget allows. Just, that people will notice little things about a meal…like the fact that your crouton has the same seasoning as the chicken. Or that you used the same cheese in the salad as you did the lasagna.
These little details tie a meal together and help to make it memorable. That is something I have always striven for when entertaining peers or potential clients. You may not have the fanciest dinnerware or expensive crystal glasses, but when the food is great, a positive memory is created.
- Loaf of French Bread
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray, Butter Flavored
- Applewood Smoked Seasoning
- Parsley, Dried
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your loaf of French bread into diagonal slices or cut into cubes, which ever suites your vision for the meal.
- Spray a baking sheet with your non-stick cooking spray. Place your slices of French bread onto the baking sheet and liberally, spray the tops of each slice of bread. Lightly sprinkle your Applewood Smoked seasoning (or whatever your favorite seasoning mix is) and parsley over each slice.
- Bake on the center rack of your preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until your croutons have turned a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let your croutons cool completely before serving with your favorite soup or salad. Any extras, can be stored in an air tight container in your pantry.
- Your family and friends will love these homemade croutons.