By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
When I was in my early twenties, I traveled to Cambridge, England to spend time at my grandparents home there. It was my first time abroad and I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to walk amongst hollowed halls and experience the cuisine of my ancestors.
No matter how odd or unappetizing the food looked, I tried almost everything I came across…at least once. While some were so foreign I don’t even know how to describe, others were simply shocking in their simplicity but did not make since to me. Like when you order chips (French fries) and they serve them with a side of mayonnaise. Or the fact that, no matter how hot it was outside, you had to ask for ice in your drink.
They also had an odd assumption that Americans want ketchup on everything that we would never pair it with. I mean really, a ham and cheese sandwich with ketchup? Yet, was never offered for burgers or other foods we tend to eat with ketchup.
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk Ranch
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tbs. Dill Pickle Brine (Juice)
- 1 Tsp. Worcester Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp. Paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- This is the easiest sauce you will ever make. Simply add all of your ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Cover tightly and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- This sauce will last about a week in the refrigerator and is terrific on fries, sandwiches and burgers.
- Serve and enjoy this amazing dipping sauce. It will change the way you think of fries, I guarantee it!