By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
One of the very first lifestyle changes that I made after college and moving to Manhattan was the adoption of Sunday Brunch. Every week, for almost 10 years it was a permanent fixture on Danny and I’s calendar. Whether just the two of us or a large group of friends we would head down to the West Village and Manato’s for Sunday Brunch.
While the meal choice would change to suit that day’s preference, the one consistency was the Bloody Mary. Now, I have never been one to really drink during the day, with this one exception and I would be responsible and limit myself to one. But that one Bloody Mary, was so very memorable.
- 6 1/2 Ounces V8 Juice
- 2 Ounces Lemon Vodka
- 1 Cup of Ice
- 1 Dash Celery Salt
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 Dash Worcester Sauce
- 2 Dashes of Tabasco Sauce
- Dash of Cajun Seasoning (Tony’s Creole is GREAT)
- In a shaker or large cup add your V8 juice, cajun seasoning, celery salt, worcester sauce and tabasco sauce. Shake or stir well.
- Add your vodka and shake or stir until combined.
- In a large glass, add your ice and stalk of celery. Add your Bloody Mary.
- Mix with your celery stalk and enjoy with your favorite brunch foods!