By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
Cooling down during the hottest day of the year can occupy your every thought once uncomfortableness sets in. You crave something that can quench your thirst and leaves you wanting more. Besides comfort and relief, a feeling of satisfaction is desired. So it’s the ideal time to try something new, yet reminds you of an old time classic.
- 4 Cups of Sprite Soda
- 5 1/2 Cups Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Limes
- 6 Leaves Fresh Basil
- Take an empty ice tray and using about 1 1/2 cups coconut water, fill and return to the freezer for a couple of hours until frozen solid. Tip: When making any iced drink, use some of the same liquids to make ice cubes to use when serving. This keeps your drink (punch, ice tea or juice) from becoming diluted when the ice melts. The only liquids that won’t work are those containing alcohol or carbonated sodas as they won’t freeze at all or only partially.
- Into a large pitcher add your 4 cups of coconut water and the 1/2 cup of sugar. With a wooden spoon mix well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cut 3 of your limes in half and squeeze the juice of each half into your pitcher. Tip: When juicing lemons or limes, there is no need for special tools. Simply hold your left hand over your container while squeezing the fruit with your right hand over the left. This allows you to catch the seeds and keep them from falling into your freshly squeezed juice. Slice the remaining lime into thin slices and set aside for a moment.
- Add your 4 cups of Sprite soda into your pitcher and stir briefly until mixed well.
- Toss in your lime slices, basil leaves, and coconut water ice cubes, stir well and serve.
- Beat the heat and enjoy this refreshing, non-alcoholic spritzer with friends and family.