By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
The smell of freshly baked cookies warms a house like no other. It says welcome home, come in and stay awhile. Add expresso and chocolate to the recipe and you have a DEVINE experience that non can deny. This is also a perfect recipe for kids to join in on. They love nothing more than baking cookies!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/14 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa nibs Tip: Cocoa Nibs are high in antioxidants and are found in the health food aisle.
- 3 Tbs. expresso coffee grounds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tbs. hazelnut coffee creamer
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your butter and sugars. With a large wooden spoon you want to cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add your vanilla, hazelnut creamer and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add your cocoa powder, expresso coffee grounds, baking soda and flour. Mix carefully until combined and smooth.
- Add your chopped pecans, cocoa nibs and chocolate chips. Mix well and be sure to scrap from the bottom of the bowl.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until edges are brown.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.