By Michael Harris-Arzon, The Simplistic Professional
When it comes to entertaining, Simple Is Best! The perfect appetizer is a spread of Bruschetta and Prosciutto de Parma that makes summer get togethers yummy and to die for. If I had to have a last meal, this would be it!
- French Bread Baguette
- 4 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Lb. Prosciutto De Parma
- Bunch of Fresh Basil
- 5 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your Baguette into 1″ slices on the diagonal
- Brush lightly with Olive Oil and place your slices, oil side down, directly onto the center oven rack. Toast for about 3 minutes until lightly brown and you have slight grill marks. Remove and place to the side.
- In a small blender combine Olive Oil, Basil Leaves (no stems) and Parmesan Cheese. Blend just until combined.
- Dice your Tomatoes finely.
- Spread a small spoonful of the basil pesto on to your toasted slices. Then add some diced Tomatoes and a sprinkle of Cracked Pepper.
- On a platter, alternate arranging your Bruschetta and slices of Prosciutto De Parma.