By Michael Harris-Arzon
Summer is a time for relaxing with family and friends. Not slaving for hours in a hot kitchen. Granted, I turn the air down drastically to offset the excess heat. Any way, simple cool foods are often the most comforting on a hot summers day.
- Tomatoes of your choice. Heirloom Tomatoes are my choice when available at the Famers Market
- Olives of your choice. Pitted of course
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese in water
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Cracked Pepper Corns
- Pink Salt Flakes
- Make sure and rinse your tomatoes well, then cut into manageble pieces.
- On a White Platter, arrange your Tomatoes, Olives and Mozzarella.
- Drizzle Olive Oil across the plate.
- Sprinkle your Pink Salt Flakes and add a dash of Cracked Pepper Corns.
- If your Basil leaves are large, tear into smaller pieces and sprinkle across your salad.